Time for another installment of 20 Questions, this time with member Hunter1985.
1. How long have you been watching "The Simpsons"?
As a serious fan, I've been watching them for about five years.
2. Who is your favorite Simpsons character?
It's a tie between Mr. Burns and Sideshow Bob. I just love the whole Mr. Burns character from his greediness to his penny-pinching to his ether-induced hallucinations. As for Bob, I love Kelsey Grammer as a voice actor and the dialogue he has is fantastic.
3. What Simpsons character are you most like and why?
I'm sort of like Professor Frink. I'm sort of intelligent and I sometimes talk like him.
4. Are your friends and family fans of the Simpsons?
My mom likes the Simpsons, so does my sister. My sis is actually the one who got me watching the Simpsons. As for friends, I have only one friend that's even close to as big of a fan as I am. We can't go five minutes without quoting some Simpsons episode.
5. What is your favorite quote from a Simpsons episode?
Again, it's a tie between Sideshow Bob's line, "Oh that was a bad move Bart. No child has ever meddled in the Republican Party and lived to tell about it."
The other line I love is Homer's, "Let me set the record straight, I thought the cop was a prostitute (nods in satisfaction)." In my opinion, that's the funniest line EVER! It's the nodding in satisfaction that clinches it.
6. What types of Simpsons collectibles do you collect?
I mainly collect WoS, but I also collect Simpsons clothing and various UK items. Wisconsin isn't that great for Simpson's stuff, so I take whatever I can get.
7. What item in your collection is your favorite?
Another tie! First, my WoS Grampa figure because I had wanted it since I started collecting WoS. It took me over a year to get it.
My favorite non-WoS is the "Sopranos" parody tee shirt. It's both funny and cool.
8. What is the most outrageous (or difficult) thing you have done to obtain a Simpsons collectible?
I haven't really done anything outrageous or had a difficult time getting a collectible. I did once order from Planet Action Figure. Does that count as outrageous?
9. What's the most you ever spent on a Simpsons collectible?
I've actually paid retail on almost every item in my collection. But the most I've ever overpaid was $26 w/shipping for my Grampa figure.
10. What World of Springfield figure would you most like to see (that has not been announced)?
That's a tough one. Wait, I've got it! I would like to see a mini set (like the Sunday Best's) consisting of the three Beatle's that have guest-starred on the show. I love the Beatles and like with Phil Hartman, it would be a great tribute to them and more importantly, George Harrison.
11. Are you a completist? An opener or a MIMP collector? Why?
I'm an opener because I feel that toys were meant to be played with and/or displayed. I'm not a completist; I don't have many of the Bart/Homer variants. I also don't have any of TF exclusives.
12. What are your favorite television shows (excluding the Simpsons)?
There are other shows on TV? Just kidding. I don't watch much TV except for the Simpsons. But I do sometimes watch Battlebots, SNL, MadTV, and Cheers.
13. What celebrity do you want to see guest star on the Simpsons?
I'd like to see Mike Meyers or Will Ferrell guest star. Their both great at doing various characters and I feel they could add a lot to an episode.
14. How and when did you find the SCS site?
After I had begun collecting WoS, I wanted to see if anyone else collected them, so I typed "Simpsons Figures" into a search engine, and the rest is history.
15. In what ways do you think the hobby of collecting Simpsons has changed in the past few years?
I think its grown from a small number of items that only fan-boys bought, to a mass line of items that has grown in popularity with the arrival of WoS.
16. What was the first Simpsons item you ever bought?
That I bought? I've had a lot of Simpsons items given to me as gifts, but I think that the first item I bought was the WoS original Bart and the Power Plant playset.
17. What is the one Simpsons item you want the most but do not have?
Without a doubt, the pewter chess set. I am a huge chess fan and that set is the Holy Grail of chess sets. The pieces are magnificently sculpted, and the fact that each one is different only adds to its greatness. Even the board is awesome!
18. What else do you collect?
Not much else. WoS ties up most of my finances. If I buy anything else (toy wise) it's only because it looks cool and its usually just that one toy. I do not collect any other entire toy lines.
19. Who influenced you the most from the show (be it character, writer, actor, etc.)?
I would have to say good ol' Homer. His many insightful remarks may be stupid, but they're true. For instance, "If you don't like your job you don 't strike, you just go in everyday and do it really half-assed, that's the American way!". Or, "Doughnuts, is there anything they can't do?"
20. Anything you would like to add?
I'm a huge Green Bay Packers fan. I enjoy writing satirical poetry. I a fairly good chess player. I once shook hands with the Pres. GWB himself; and I'm addicted to the TI-89 calculator game "Drifter". That's about it for this Cheesehead.
- Install the Akbar Font
Your continued use of this site is considered an agreement with our current privacy and usage policies.
Copyright © 2001-2009, Simpsons Collector Sector. All rights reserved. "The Simpsons" is a registered trademark of 20th Century Fox Film Corp. and "World of Springfield" is a registered trademark of Playmates Toys -- this website is in no way affiliated with either company or any other company whose products or services are represented here.