More 20 Questions, this time with member bathroomboy.
1. How long have you been watching "The Simpsons"?
Ever since the Ullman days. "Ummmm... bad animation......"
2. Who is your favorite Simpsons character?
Comic Book Guy delivers every time. Gotta go with him.
3. What Simpsons character are you most like and why?
Inside I am sometimes like Frank Grimes although I try not to let it out. I mean, look what happened to him.
4. Are your friends and family fans of the Simpsons?
Sorta, although they are all very supportive of my habit. Especially my fiancée who allowed me to decorate our second bathroom with all my Simpsons stuff.
5. What is your favorite quote from a Simpsons episode?
"I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my homosexuals flaaaaming!" - Homer
6. What types of Simpsons collectibles do you collect?
WoS mainly and whatever else fits into the bathroom decor.
7. What item in your collection is your favorite?
All things related to The Pin Pals or Be Sharps. I like the thematic stuff.
8. What is the most outrageous (or difficult) thing you have done to obtain a Simpsons collectible?
Spent too much money? Ignored work, friends and family to completely focus on ebay while I'll played catch-up with the Wos Line (started collecting 12/02.)
9. What's the most you ever spent on a Simpsons collectible?
Sore spot... let's not talk about that. :)
10. What World of Springfield figure would you most like to see (that has not been announced)?
Johnny Tightlips. I heard it might be coming out, but "I ain't sayin' nothin'."
11. Are you a completist? An opener or a MIMP collector? Why?
WoS completist with a mixture of opened and unopened. Lots of figures I have in both. Celebrity figures I keep MOC as well as exclusives are all unopened. No reason for this, its just how it worked out with not enough space to display everything opened. I try to get nice packaging for unopened items but not too freaky about it.
12. What are your favorite television shows (excluding the Simpsons)?
There are other TV shows?.... okay, hmmmmm, The Conan O'Brien Show.
13. What celebrity do you want to see guest star on the Simpsons?
Will Ferrell playing characters other than himself.
14. How and when did you find the SCS site?
Looking for a place to buy WoS and came across it during a web search. I now use it to pass the time while at work.
15. In what ways do you think the hobby of collecting Simpsons has changed in the past few years?
Too much stuff in stores followed by hard to find anything in stores.
16. What was the first Simpsons item you ever bought?
I got a bed sheet, a book of masks and the early Mattel figures in the early 90's as presents. in December 2002, I got back in it by purchasing someone's WoS collection for $300. That got me started, and hooked.
17. What is the one Simpsons item you want the most but do not have?
The Be Sharp Promotional Gold Record. :(
18. What else do you collect?
This is about it for now although in the house we have the Where the Wild Things Are McFarlane figures and artwork and my fiancée collects Peanuts book and figures. As a kid it was all about Star Wars, but my brother has all my stuff now.
19. Who influenced you the most from the show (be it character, writer, actor, etc.)?
Sideshow Bob.... gotta respect his determination. :)
20. Anything you would like to add?
If the WoS lines ends, customizers will unite to keep collectors happy and supplied!
- Install the Akbar Font