Released by Geffen Records
The much-anticipated follow-up to their classic "The Simpsons Sing the Blues", "The Yellow Album" brings Bart, Lisa, Maggie, Marge, and Homer Simpson to a whole 'nother level of the game. Accompanied by a diverse selection of backup musicians (including George Clinton and the P-Funk All-Stars), the Simpsons take aim at a number of genres, from Bart's affection for rap ("Love?" and "The Ten Commandments of Bart"), Lisa's AOR duet with Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart for the Eurythmics cover "Sisters Are Doin' It for Themselves" to Homer's sensitive cover of Willie Nelson's "Funny How Time Slips Away" with Linda Ronstadt. Homer's range is limited. Bart's diction is spotty. But Apu (the Kwik-E-Mart proprietor) and the Squishees are the big surprise. Their cut, "Twenty-Four Hours a Day," is an embittered piece of working-class electro-funk that rivals the best in modern protest music (Springsteen, eat your heart out.)
The track listings are:
1. Love? - Nancy Cartwright
2. Sisters Are Doin' It for Themselves - Yeardley Smith
3. Funny How Time Slips Away - Dan Castellaneta
4. Twenty-Four Hours a Day - Hank Azaria
5. Ten Commandments of Bart - Nancy Cartwright
6. I Just Can't Help Myself - Nancy Cartwright
7. She's Comin' Out Swingin' - Yeardley Smith
8. Anyone Else - Nancy Cartwright
9. Every Summer With You - Dan Castellaneta
10. Hail to Thee, Kamp Krusty - The Simpsons
This info courtesy of Amazon.com.
- Install the Akbar Font
Your continued use of this site is considered an agreement with our current privacy and usage policies.
Copyright © 2001-2009, Simpsons Collector Sector. All rights reserved. "The Simpsons" is a registered trademark of 20th Century Fox Film Corp. and "World of Springfield" is a registered trademark of Playmates Toys -- this website is in no way affiliated with either company or any other company whose products or services are represented here.