Time for another installment of 20 Questions, this time with member Yodelin El.
1. How long have you been watching "The Simpsons"?
Since the Tracy Ullman shorts.
2. Who is your favorite Simpsons character?
Man, that's tough. I guess I'd have to say Mr. Burns because he always gets the best lines.
3. What Simpsons character are you most like and why?
Well, this is cheating a bit, but if you took Comic Book Guy's sarcasm and added it to Frank Grimes ("Or 'Grimey' as he liked to be called.") that'd give you a pretty good idea. I tend to get rather irritated by how idiots just seem to coast through life without a scratch while others get screwed. But, I try to have a sense of humor about the whole thing (hence, the sarcasm).
4. Are your friends and family fans of the Simpsons?
Most of the family members are Simpsons fans although Mom claims to hate it (but I've caught her laughing). My friends from California are fans but I've yet to meet anybody in Las Vegas who even watches it which is very depressing.
5. What is your favorite quote from a Simpsons episode?
There are sooooo many, but "Phoney doctors? Helllooooo." always seems to pop into my head. Second place: "You did say 'sugar', right?"
6. What types of Simpsons collectibles do you collect?
I mostly collect just WOS and buy the occasional additional item here or there, mostly. Por ejemplo, the Sideshow Bob pewter bar knife is way cool.
7. What item in your collection is your favorite?
I'd have to say Dracula Burns from THOH1.
8. What is the most outrageous (or difficult) thing you have done to obtain a Simpsons collectible?
Nothing too nutty. Going to Toys R Us every other day for THOH2 seems rather difficult now that I look back (not to mention quite a waste of time since the employees make sure nobody gets anything..Am I bitter? Yes !)
9. What's the most you ever spent on a Simpsons collectible?
I traded a complete set of Wave 4 (I think it was 4) for Glow In The Dark Homer. Which seemed like a good idea until I found out the shipping to the UK was over $40. So the final cost was $100. But, it was worth it because it made my set complete and the guy I traded with was way cool.
10. What World of Springfield figure would you most like to see (that has not been announced)?
11. Are you a completist? An opener or a MIMP collector? Why?
Definitely a completist because this is the first time that I got into something on the ground floor. It would be a shame to not have a complete set now. Also, I'm an opener. For a long time I was also collecting a MIB set but soon discovered that it was far too expensive.
12. What are your favorite television shows (excluding the Simpsons)?
The only other shows that I really MUST see are Six Feet Under, and Futurama.
13. What celebrity do you want to see guest star on the Simpsons?
Has Bonnie Hunt ever been on? She'd fit in perfectly. Besides her, Christopher Walken.
14. How and when did you find the SCS site?
Shortly after Wave 1 came out I did a search to find out about upcoming items. I found the old site's figures checklist and found out I'd already missed out on GITDH. That's when I discovered what a valuable resource this site is.
15. In what ways do you think the hobby of collecting Simpsons has changed in the past few years?
In the short time that I've been collecting, I've noticed how much more careful one has to be if one only wants to trade with true fans. So many people are just in it for money so they latch on to the latest "thing." But, I suppose being the new thing means that we get many more figures than we would have if it hadn't caught on.
16. What was the first Simpsons item you ever bought?
"Don't have a cow, man" T'Shirt in the early 90's.
17. What is the one Simpsons item you want the most but do not have?
An original animation cel.
18. What else do you collect?
19. Who influenced you the most from the show (be it character, writer, actor, etc.)?
I guess I'd have to say Matt Groening because the show as a whole has influenced me the most, not any one part of it. There hasn't been any other TV show that I've enjoyed as much and just having something so enjoyable in life is an influence. I'm proud of the fact that I'm into the show and "get" the humor. I always feel sad for people who don't think it's funny because a) they're missing out, b) they need to loosen up, and 3) they don't have a sense of humor. Does that make me some sort of Simpsons snob?
20. Anything you would like to add?
I know that running the SCS website must be a lot of work so I just wanna say thanks. Sometimes I go to the site and have nothing to say so I just lurk. Other times I'm feeling wordy so I type. Either way, it's a great to know it's there.
- Install the Akbar Font
Your continued use of this site is considered an agreement with our current privacy and usage policies.
Copyright © 2001-2009, Simpsons Collector Sector. All rights reserved. "The Simpsons" is a registered trademark of 20th Century Fox Film Corp. and "World of Springfield" is a registered trademark of Playmates Toys -- this website is in no way affiliated with either company or any other company whose products or services are represented here.