Time for another installment of 20 Questions, this time with member Jon of Means.
1. How long have you been watching "The Simpsons"?
Since Tracy Ullman.
2. Who is your favorite Simpsons character?
Regular Family : Homer. Recurring : Fat Tony or Comic Book Guy. One Shot : Roy from the 'Itchy and Scratchy and Poochie' episode or Stan Lee (and I'm basically a DC Comics guy).
3. What Simpsons character are you most like and why?
4. Are your friends and family fans of the Simpsons?
I don't know. My interest is obvious enough that I don't make it a topic myself, I generally have people approaching me. One Exception : the login screen of a database I administer contains a new quote every day... Wednesdays belong to the Simpsons.
5. What is your favorite quote from a Simpsons episode?
Obviously I've surrounded myself with many quotes so that I wouldn't have to choose, but here's a good one ; "All right... Come out with your hands up, two cups of coffee, an auto freshener that says Capricorn, and something with coconut on it." -- Police Chief Clancy Wiggum.
6. What types of Simpsons collectibles do you collect?
Mainly WoS figures, DVDs, and fast food toys from around the world. But at the right price I'd grab the car (and then I'll have to buy the school bus) or 15" Homer (and then I'll have to buy 15" Bart....then the Krusty doll)....I can be persuaded.
7. What item in your collection is your favorite?
That is a tough one. How about... Fat Tony.
8. What is the most outrageous (or difficult) thing you have done to obtain a Simpsons collectible?
I won a couple eBay auctions from Perth, Australia in the same week. I got the sellers [strangers] to get together and combine the shipment.
9. What's the most you ever spent on a Simpsons collectible?
Easy, Glow in the Dark Homer was the only one I missed as they came down the line. I couldn't bring myself to pay the $46 it was getting on eBay in the beginning. I ended up paying over $137 (the going rate at the time). The deal maker was a sealed Nuclear Power Plant that was included in the auction (I rationalized it as a freebie).
10. What World of Springfield figure would you most like to see (that has not been announced)?
Something about Roy seems necessary. But if it came down to picking the last currently unscheduled figures to ever be made, I'd have to go with Maude Flanders or Ms. Hoover.
11. Are you a completist? An opener or a MIMP collector? Why?
I'm a complete opener. I buy everything and I'll buy a few Items as an investment, but I personally do not want to be a collector of boxes with a collection of boxes.
12. What are your favorite television shows (excluding the Simpsons)?
I watch Letterman, South Park, The Daily Show, King of the Hill, Futurama, and Malcolm in the Middle. But reality shows have got my interest in a pretty big way.
13. What celebrity do you want to see guest star on the Simpsons?
Probably never happen - David Letterman. (Conan, get to work on him).
14. How and when did you find the SCS site?
I remember it being early on. Could it have been before Series 2? I know I was looking for reliable release information.
15. In what ways do you think the hobby of collecting Simpsons has changed in the past few years?
There's always been some uncertainty and hysteria due to distribution issues, so you've always had to stay on guard and be aware of projected shipping dates. But just as e-commerce was starting to settle things down a bit by offering fairly priced reliable pre-orders, pricing and reliability have become an issue again.
16. What was the first Simpsons item you ever bought?
17. What is the one Simpsons item you want the most but do not have?
Moe's Tavern (coming soon).
18. What else do you collect?
I dabble in a lot of collectibles, but the only other things that I am actively collecting right now are 3 3/4" Star Wars figures and vehicles.
19. Who influenced you the most from the show (be it character, writer, actor, etc.)?
20. Anything you would like to add?
Send me a million dollars and I will give you the secret to inner peace.
- Install the Akbar Font
Your continued use of this site is considered an agreement with our current privacy and usage policies.
Copyright © 2001-2009, Simpsons Collector Sector. All rights reserved. "The Simpsons" is a registered trademark of 20th Century Fox Film Corp. and "World of Springfield" is a registered trademark of Playmates Toys -- this website is in no way affiliated with either company or any other company whose products or services are represented here.