Time for another installment of 20 Questions, this time with member NoBentWookies.
1. How long have you been watching "The Simpsons"?
Since 1990. I was 9 years old, in 4th grade and grew up with the show that didn't ; and at the same time did grow up with me. I loved the fact that Bart was a 4th grader when I was too... when I went to 5th grade and the show just stayed in some weird "status quo," I was certainly puzzled. But then when I was old enough to appreciate this and many other similar nuances/idiosyncracies (3rd season, thereabouts) full fledged Simpsonmania had set in.
2. Who is your favorite Simpsons character?
Homer. Next question.
3. What Simpsons character are you most like and why?
Homer - he's always in a weird perpetual daze, which I used to be in but try not to be anymore. He gets into zany situations without a care in the world. And then there's donuts. Mmmm donuts.
4. Are your friends and family fans of the Simpsons?
Friends yes, family no.
5. What is your favorite quote from a Simpsons episode?
"I bent my wookie."
Close, close runner up : "Save me, Jeebus!"
6. What types of Simpsons collectibles do you collect?
7. What item in your collection is your favorite?
Kang and Kodos. The only problem is their helmets don't come off. Now THAT would be a good variant.
8. What is the most outrageous (or difficult) thing you have done to obtain a Simpsons collectible?
I returned all my MOTU (Masters of the Universe) toys to Toys R Us for store credit. Normally when I give up a line, I'll still keep the crap, but man, MOTU just busted my chops one too many times ; with one, or 50, too many "chase"/"variant"/"minor-frickin-repaints". So with the store credit I got the New Year's Set and am about to go back and get Main Street. Woo-hoo! Gotta love the steady prices on the MOTU line.
9. What's the most you ever spent on a Simpsons collectible?
Jeebus. I haven't sold my left kidney for Glow in the Dark Homer. Yet. So it'd have to be the $73 shipped for the Treehouse of Horror 1 set.
10. What World of Springfield figure would you most like to see (that has not been announced)?
>Hank Hill. And he should be part of an exclusive mail-away offer where you have to get a UPC from the Football Field Deluxe Playset [with Milhouse(cut), Martin (cut) Sherri (cut)], and 3 UPCs from one of the other kid football players that make up the entirety of series 45. Hank Hill WoS would be so sweet, he'd come with a can of Alamo beer and an "Arlen" penant. I think the obscure figures have a certain appeal and if we ever get that far into this line, they're gonna be digging.
11. Are you a completist? An opener or a MIMP collector? Why?
Completist all the way, because if it's out there and it's Simpsons, you certainly cannot have a World of Springfield without every piece, now can you? I am an opener, because when you keep a figure in the package, no matter what, you deny it certain unalienable rights, among them life, liberty, and the pursuit of fresh air. I mean, did ya ever see Toy Story?
12. What are your favorite television shows (excluding the Simpsons)?
13. What celebrity do you want to see guest star on the Simpsons?
14. How and when did you find the SCS site?
Word of mouth from a friend and fellow collector.
15. In what ways do you think the hobby of collecting Simpsons has changed in the past few years?
It's got a lot of structure in it that's in some ways good and some ways bad. Exclusives, for one thing, are a good thing, except when it costs you an arm and leg to get, and all you're getting is a repaint. The good thing is that it's necessary to have certain figures harder to find, it's what makes collecting what it is.
16. What was the first Simpsons item you ever bought?
Sherri & Terri. Man, was I late in the game. I never frequented stores when the inital waves were released. My first memories are of wave 4, which I decided not to get because I wasn't committed to collecting yet. I still need wave 4.
17. What is the one Simpsons item you want the most but do not have?
Glow in the Dark Homer. It pains me that this figure is what I want most, but the reason is because I know it will be the last one I get. But in all honesty, it should be Moe, just because I have Pin Pal Moe, but not Moe. What is up with that?
18. What else do you collect?
Muppets. Movie Buttons (Theatrical, not video. Freakin' video buttons, so piss me off).
19. Who influenced you the most from the show (be it character, writer, actor, etc.)?
Homer. I started saying "d'oh" before everyone else, I swear. 5th grade. And then everyone started doing it. I remember reading some article about Doogie Howser, or the dude who played him (Neil Patrick Harris), and how he always says "d'oh," that's his thing, he's the guy that says "d'oh". Yeah, where are ya now, Doogie Howser? I digress, but Homer is probably where I get my zaniness from, mixed in with a little of Bart's "under-achiever."
20. Anything you would like to add?
Your site is great, specifically it has one of the best forums out there for figures. Seriously, probably the best.
- Install the Akbar Font
Your continued use of this site is considered an agreement with our current privacy and usage policies.
Copyright © 2001-2009, Simpsons Collector Sector. All rights reserved. "The Simpsons" is a registered trademark of 20th Century Fox Film Corp. and "World of Springfield" is a registered trademark of Playmates Toys -- this website is in no way affiliated with either company or any other company whose products or services are represented here.