Time for another installment of 20 Questions, this time with member ShelbyvillePrezkot.
1. How long have you been watching "The Simpsons"?
I have been watching 'The Simpsons' since it aired on Dec. 17, 1989. I was 4 1/2, and thought it was cooler than any Nickelodeon cartoon could ever live up to in that era.
2. Who is your favorite Simpsons character?
Definitely Homer. He is the most fragile yet humorous character. Bart is fine and all, but the show is nothing without Homer, and his D'oh'es.
3. What Simpsons character are you most like and why?
I am probably most like Lisa. I had always been in the 'smart classes' and yet somehow, my mind rots away. (The Simpsons have no part of that!!)
4. Are your friends and family fans of the Simpsons?
They are to an extent. They'll watch it and laugh, but it's not a priority to them like it is to me. Get me home by 7:00 or it's off with your head.
5. What is your favorite quote from a Simpsons episode?
My custom signature line from Grampa: (I think from the episode "Lady Bouvier's Lover) "Tro-jan con-doms... Ooh I'd like to live in one of them!" Otherwise, it's good old "D'oh"
6. What types of Simpsons collectibles do you collect?
I used to have all kinds of crap from 90/91 but lost alot of it thru the years. Now I mainly collect the figures, comics, and cards.
7. What item in your collection is your favorite?
Probably my Simpsons Mania Dan Castellaneta Autograph Card.
8. What is the most outrageous (or difficult) thing you have done to obtain a Simpsons collectible?
Went to 7-11 a bizillion times to win prizes in the promotion a couple years back. Still tasting those vendor dogs...
9. What's the most you ever spent on a Simpsons collectible?
Probably the Main Street set, at $60.
10. What World of Springfield figure would you most like to see (that has not been announced)?
Maybe after all this spectulating, the Ullman-style figs would totally rock.
11. Are you a completist? An opener or a MIMP collector? Why?
Of course I want everything! But I'm not nuts to have everything. I don't need every single variation, just the core Springfieldians. I open the packages so I can display them.
12. What are your favorite television shows (excluding the Simpsons)?
Hmm.. SNL, Malcom In The Middle, That 70's Show, SpongeBob, Will & Grace, Friends, Scrubs, King Of The Hill, Futurama, Monty Python.
13. What celebrity do you want to see guest star on the Simpsons?
Maybe Sammy Sosa... it doesn't matter, it's all good.
14. How and when did you find the SCS site?
Just came upon it when looking for Simpsons figs.
15. In what ways do you think the hobby of collecting Simpsons has changed in the past few years?
Well, the reason I left it after Ser. 2, was I didn't really think it was going to last. I look back into it, and BANG! Wave 11 was a week from releasing.
16. What was the first Simpsons item you ever bought?
I remember buying a 1990 Nelson Mattel figure, and a 'Don't Have A Cow Man' T-Shirt. That and my 1990 Topps Simpsons Cards.
17. What is the one Simpsons item you want the most but do not have?
The promotional house giveaway! That was soooo cool.
18. What else do you collect?
For a very long time (all my 17 years) I collected sports cards; most recently game used cards. But it got tiring, and I wanted to invoke my $$ into something more fun. I've always been a 'Sampson' at heart, and I love the show with all my being.
19. Who influenced you the most from the show (be it character, writer, actor, etc.)?
Probably Homer. He knows so much, yet so little.
20. Anything you would like to add?
I hope the Simpsons last as long as SNL does, and that the Simpsons movie, whenever it does come out, will be a great success. It must be like playing God if you're Matt Groening.
- Install the Akbar Font
Your continued use of this site is considered an agreement with our current privacy and usage policies.
Copyright © 2001-2009, Simpsons Collector Sector. All rights reserved. "The Simpsons" is a registered trademark of 20th Century Fox Film Corp. and "World of Springfield" is a registered trademark of Playmates Toys -- this website is in no way affiliated with either company or any other company whose products or services are represented here.