Time for another installment of 20 Questions, this time with member yzazz.
1. How long have you been watching "The Simpsons"?
Since the Tracey Ullman show. I've been a fan of Matt Groening since I first discovered his "Life in Hell" comics in the Village Voice as a teenager.
2. Who is your favorite Simpsons character?
My favorite really varies depending on the day, but I love those semi-obscure characters you can always count on for a great line, like Lunch-lady Doris or the Sarcastic Man. I also really love Sideshow Mel, something about that guy just cracks me up.
3. What Simpsons character are you most like and why?
I'd have to say Frank Grimes in that I am hard working, intelligent, and destined to die frustrated and in a great deal of pain.
4. Are your friends and family fans of the Simpsons?
My wife is a fan, so is my brother, as well as my sister and her fiance. I'd have to say that I am the biggest fan of the bunch, as well as the most hardcore collector.
5. What is your favorite quote from a Simpsons episode?
Grandpa "MMMMM, I can't wait to eat that monkey."
6. What types of Simpsons collectibles do you collect?
Just about everything, WoS, fast food, coasters, glassware, key chains, etc. the only items I avoid are trading/game cards and huge ticket items like pinball machines.
7. What item in your collection is your favorite?
I have this really cheesy early 90s carded Marge toy called "Time and Money" which contains a wallet and a nonworking watch. It's awful and great all at once!
8. What is the most outrageous (or difficult) thing you have done to obtain a Simpsons collectible?
Spent $80 on a SECOND Pin Pal Burns!
9. What's the most you ever spent on a Simpsons collectible?
$95 on a THOH2 because I was getting neurotic when I couldn't find it. Of course now I have three because I found it twice and felt compelled to buy two so that the average cost per set would go down!
10. What World of Springfield figure would you most like to see (that has not been announced)?
I'd love the Sushi Chef that makes-out with Edna. I always liked them together and I could pretend that the relationship worked out.
11. Are you a completist? An opener or a MIMP collector? Why?
I am a completist opener (I have every figure and playset released to date opened)and a semi completist MIMP. I have everything opened and all single figs MIMP. I also have all of the early exclusives MIMP including the big two; THOH1 and GITDH. I like the way toys look in the package. It becomes more than a toy if you save the package, it's like an artifact.
12. What are your favorite television shows (excluding the Simpsons)?
Futurama, The Critic, Dr. Katz, the Munsters, the Daily Show, the Honeymooners, News Radio, Northern Exposure (early years) and my secret shame is I love "The Real World"
13. What celebrity do you want to see guest star on the Simpsons?
I'm not big into the Celeb. thing, maybe Cher? She'd probably be pretty funny.
14. How and when did you find the SCS site?
It was a long time ago, July 2001. I think I found it through No-Homers, when I was looking for some info on some figure I was missing.
15. In what ways do you think the hobby of collecting Simpsons has changed in the past few years?
It's like the early 90s, I half expect to see "Rasta-Bart" shirts on the streets of NYC.
16. What was the first Simpsons item you ever bought?
The Burger King plush dolls with the hard plastic heads.
17. What is the one Simpsons item you want the most but do not have?
Either Pinball machine (or both)!
18. What else do you collect?
Daredevil and related characters, Godzilla/Gamera mdse, Futurama, and Planet of the Apes.
19. Who influenced you the most from the show (be it character, writer, actor, etc.)?
Brad Goodman who taught me that as soon as you're not a human be-ing, you're a human do-ing.
20. Anything you would like to add?
It's sad that the end of the line has been announced, I hope that the board continues, I have met many great people here, esp. the NYers who go to the get-togethers. If there's a better use for the internet, I haven't found it yet.
- Install the Akbar Font
Your continued use of this site is considered an agreement with our current privacy and usage policies.
Copyright © 2001-2009, Simpsons Collector Sector. All rights reserved. "The Simpsons" is a registered trademark of 20th Century Fox Film Corp. and "World of Springfield" is a registered trademark of Playmates Toys -- this website is in no way affiliated with either company or any other company whose products or services are represented here.