Time for another installment of 20 Questions, this time with member Citizen Kang.
1. How long have you been watching "The Simpsons"?
I watched the very first episode when I was in 4th grade. Then the whole controversy around it blew up, and my mom decided it was a bad influence and wouldn't let me watch. I would usually watch it behind her back. Then about the 5th season I started watching it regularly. I guess she decided I was old enough
2. Who is your favorite Simpsons character?
Homer. Definitely Homer. I'd love to be that stupid, yet succeed in life. Chief Wiggum is another favorite of mine
3. What Simpsons character are you most like and why?
That's hard to say. I have Homer's attitude towards work, and the same taste in music as Otto.
4. Are your friends and family fans of the Simpsons?
Most of my friends like it. A couple of them are addicts like me. Itís nice to know I'm not the only pathetic one out there. My parents pretend like they don't like it, but they laugh whenever they watch it.
5. What is your favorite quote from a Simpsons episode?
I use D'oh quite a bit. I really think it would be impossible for my to pick a favorite. Probably anything that Ralph says. Maybe "I bent my wookiee" since I'm a huge Star Wars fan.
6. What types of Simpsons collectibles do you collect?
Here is where my interview is going to get boring, since I don't collect a lot of Simpsons. I collected WOS from wave 2 through wave 5. I still have a few figures, and I have some of the BK Spooky lightups
7. What item in your collection is your favorite?
Well...since my collect is small, itís pretty easy. My Chief Wiggum figure. One of my favorite characters, and Playmates did such a good job on him.
8. What is the most outrageous (or difficult) thing you have done to obtain a Simpsons collectible?
I subscribed to Toyfare to get Boxing Homer.
9. What's the most you ever spent on a Simpsons collectible?
Nothing more than retail. I've been fortunate. Had I kept with the line I probably would have shelled out the bucks and bought Lisa and Grandpa off of ebay.
10. What World of Springfield figure would you most like to see (that has not been announced)?
That's hard to say. For a while I wanted Lionel Hutz, but he's been announced. I'd like a Gil, he always cracks me up, or Grimey.
11. Are you a completist? An opener or a MIMP collector? Why?
I'm a completist. Or at least somewhat of a completist. I don't have to have every single variant of a toy to have a complete set. This does apply more to Star Wars than WOS. I keep everything in the package. I just don't have the room to display open figures. Itís much easy to hang them on my wall. Also, being in college, I move enough that opening everything would mean lost figures or parts to them
12. What are your favorite television shows (excluding the Simpsons)?
I wish I had time to watch TV. I like Fox's Sunday night lineup. King of the Hill, Futurama, and Malcolm. I used to be a huge X-Files fan, but the show has lost my interest. I also enjoy watching sports, mainly hockey. Go Red Wings!
13. What celebrity do you want to see guest star on the Simpsons?
Samuel L Jackson. He's my favorite actor.
14. How and when did you find the SCS site?
I found it from reading Datino's site. I found that the old board right before it closed. When the new one opened, I registered and I've been here ever since.
15. In what ways do you think the hobby of collecting Simpsons has changed in the past few years?
Simpsons has changed in the past few years? Ebay. Just watching the prices take off. Lousy scalpers...
16. What was the first Simpsons item you ever bought?
Not sure. The first WOS I bought was a Homer when they first came out.
17. What is the one Simpsons item you want the most but do not have?
It isn't really a Simpsons item, but I'd like a can of that Duff Beer from Australia. I've seen them on ebay, but an unopened can is kind of expensive.
18. What else do you collect?
Star Wars figures are my main collection. I've been into them since about 1996. I have a fairly complete collection of the POTF2, and I'm only missing on EP 1 figure. Once I graduate and have a real job, I plan on getting into Vintage. I also collect the McFarlane Sportspicks NHL. I didn't ant to start collecting another line, but I love hockey, and these figures are too cool.
19. Who influenced you the most from the show (be it character, writer, actor, etc.)?
Probably Homer. He's influenced me to try to gain 300 pounds so I can go on disability
20. Anything you would like to add?
- Install the Akbar Font
Your continued use of this site is considered an agreement with our current privacy and usage policies.
Copyright © 2001-2009, Simpsons Collector Sector. All rights reserved. "The Simpsons" is a registered trademark of 20th Century Fox Film Corp. and "World of Springfield" is a registered trademark of Playmates Toys -- this website is in no way affiliated with either company or any other company whose products or services are represented here.