Time for another installment of 20 Questions, this time with member dathrill.
1. How long have you been watching "The Simpsons"?
I've been watching the Simpsons from the beginning. Back when Fox was just a baby network and the Tracy Ullman Show decided to include the Simpsons shorts in its show. I was hooked immediately!
2. Who is your favorite Simpsons character?
That's a tough one. Each character has its own traits that I like, but I'd have to say overall, Homer is my favorite. But Comic Book Guy is a very close second. Willie & Frink are tied for third.
3. What Simpsons character are you most like and why?
Homer, because I'm lazy and I always have some hair-brained scheme and it usually fails miserably.
4. Are your friends and family fans of the Simpsons?
Friends - Oh yea. Family - dawife absolutely hates the show, or so she says. I catch her laughing and watching when it's on, and she replies that she's just laughing because it's so stupid.....yea right!
5. What is your favorite quote from a Simpsons episode?
CBG - "Worst ________ ever!" Homer - "It's funny cuz it's true"
I use both of them A LOT!
6. What types of Simpsons collectibles do you collect?
I'm just into the WoS figures. But I will also get all the DVDs of course.
7. What item in your collection is your favorite?
Just one? Hmmmmmm...I'd have to say my favorite is Smithers because it took me a year to get him, as I missed him when he was released. He was the last figure in my collection that I needed.
8. What is the most outrageous (or difficult) thing you have done to obtain a Simpsons collectible?
A 300-mile road trip to all the stores in NE Wisconsin looking for Wave4. I had dawife in the vehicle for that. Needless to say the trip cost me more than the cost of the figures! :b
9. What's the most you ever spent on a Simpsons collectible?
THOH1 - $50 BIN on Ebay. Everything else was a trade or retail price. Back then I thought that $50 was a lot, but now I'm glad I did it.
10. What World of Springfield figure would you most like to see (that has not been announced)?
Whacking Day Homer. He would come in black sweatpants and his accessories would include his whacking stick and a bunch of plastic snakes.
11. Are you a completist? An opener or a MIMP collector? Why?
I am a completist. I must own everything WoS! I have opened everything except for my exclusives. I can't bring myself to open them. With all the work to get the early ones, I can't get past the MIB/MOC value. Although with all the latest non-variant exclusives, I have purchased an opener. THOH2 and RM/FB look good opened on my bookshelf! :)
12. What are your favorite television shows (excluding the Simpsons)?
They make shows other that the Simpsons? Who would have thunk it? Actually, South Park, Enterprise, Smallville, Charmed, and any WWF programs are the staples of my TV viewing. (dawife makes me watch ER with her too)
13. What celebrity do you want to see guest star on the Simpsons?
It'll never happen, but a South Park cameo would be cool. I remember when Bart and Lisa were watching the TV and Ren & Stimpy were on. Does that count as a guest appearance?
14. How and when did you find the SCS site?
I was on Bill's board, and just followed the rest of the lemmings over the cliff to here.
15. In what ways do you think the hobby of collecting Simpsons has changed in the past few years?
It's gone from toy collecting to an investment for some. I'm guilty of both. I think of how great they are, and then my brain starts putting a dollar figure to each figure.
16. What was the first Simpsons item you ever bought?
The famous "Under-Achiever" shirt is the first Simpsons item I can remember buying. I got them banned from our school!
17. What is the one Simpsons item you want the most but do not have?
The prototype for the Main Street playset and a trillion-dollar bill.
18. What else do you collect?
Well, with a new house and baby on the way, I recently sold my Star Wars figure collection. I'm working on selling my Star Wars Lego collection too. I still will collect comics, and I have over 15,000! I also collect Dungeons and Dragons role-playing books.
19. Who influenced you the most from the show (be it character, writer, actor, etc.)?
I think Homer has influenced me the most. I can be uptight sometimes about being on time and schedules, then I remember his "just D'oh it" attitude and I loosen up a little.
20. Anything you would like to add?
I plan to be on the board for a long time, so get used to me! I've given myself the title of Chief Cheesehead, and I'm trying to organize a Wisconsin Simpsons Collectors Meeting. So if you're from Wisconsin, let your voice be heard. There's a thread in Moe's for the meeting.
As a funny side note, I'll soon be the official "Voice of Springfield" for our locally syndicated Simpsons shows. I work for the TV station that runs the Simpsons(2x per day!), and I will soon be the voice that says: "The Simpsons, today at 5:30 and 6:30 on UPN32!"
- Install the Akbar Font
Your continued use of this site is considered an agreement with our current privacy and usage policies.
Copyright © 2001-2009, Simpsons Collector Sector. All rights reserved. "The Simpsons" is a registered trademark of 20th Century Fox Film Corp. and "World of Springfield" is a registered trademark of Playmates Toys -- this website is in no way affiliated with either company or any other company whose products or services are represented here.