Time for another installment of 20 Questions, this time with member Dufftastic.
1. How long have you been watching "The Simpsons"?
Since around season three, I think. It's tough to remember for sure. I think I started when I was in the service, so that would be 1992 or after.
2. Who is your favorite Simpsons character?
Oh, Homer. Definitely.
3. What Simpsons character are you most like and why?
Hmmm... A little from Homer, a little from CBG, and a little from Skinner. That would make me a moronic, sarcastic, control freak.
4. Are your friends and family fans of the Simpsons?
Yes. My wife never used to be, but she finally came around.
5. What is your favorite quote from a Simpsons episode?
Homer: "Sanctuary! Sanctuary!" Lovejoy: "Oh, why did I teach him that word?"
6. What types of Simpsons collectibles do you collect?
Mostly just WoS. I have a few other things here and there like the Burger King toys, but really just the figures and playsets.
7. What item in your collection is your favorite?
Strangely, it's the Frankenhomer figure from the Burger King set. I really hope they make a figure of Homer like that for, oh, I don't know. THOH4?
8. What is the most outrageous (or difficult) thing you have done to obtain a Simpsons collectible?
Let's see... Filing complaints with the BBB to stop Stephen Shamus from canceling my order because I said his company sucks in a Yahoo survey was pretty outrageous. Filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission regarding my Boxing Homer figures was pretty out there, too.
9. What's the most you ever spent on a Simpsons collectible?
$45 for the THOH2 set. Luckily I've been with the WoS since the beginning so I don't have the GITD Homer horror story to tell.
10. What World of Springfield figure would you most like to see (that has not been announced)?
Former President Bill Clinton
Marge: "Well that's a pretty lousy lesson" Clinton: "Hey, I'm a pretty lousy president."
11. Are you a completist? An opener or a MIMP collector? Why?
I'm a completist and an opener. These figures are too cool to keep locked away in plastic cages. They must be free! Be free little figures!
12. What are your favorite television shows (excluding the Simpsons)?
Family Guy, Good Eats, Farscape, Law and Order: Criminal Intent
13. What celebrity do you want to see guest star on the Simpsons?
Shirley Manson and the guys from Garbage
14. How and when did you find the SCS site?
Strangely enough, a link from nohomers.net. I haven't been back there since.
15. In what ways do you think the hobby of collecting Simpsons has changed in the past few years?
I think it has gotten out of control. It's great that there are so many more products to get, but at the same time, the scalpers have figures out that there is money to be made here so we have to deal with inflated prices, empty shelves, backroom deals in TRU stockrooms and the Kenny Shamus' of the world.
16. What was the first Simpsons item you ever bought?
That would be the first wave of WoS figures.
17. What is the one Simpsons item you want the most but do not have?
A letter from Playmates promising that they won't be dealing with WEG anymore.
18. What else do you collect?
Star Wars figures, Spawn figures (just of Spawn, not the whole line), Star Trek stuff, Matrix stuff, DVDs, Buffy the Vampire Slayer figures, Batmobiles, Batman statues, memorabilia of the band "Darling Violetta" (I work for them on the side).
19. Who influenced you the most from the show (be it character, writer, actor, etc.)?
Homer. He taught me to never be embarrassed of my mistakes, that I can run around my house in my underwear, and alcohol IS the cause of and solution to all of life's problems.
20. Anything you would like to add?
I'm glad I found this group. For a bunch of people this large we are incredibly well behaved and sociable. Oh, and the Pontiac Aztek is an awesome car and you should all go out and get one. I love mine!
- Install the Akbar Font
Your continued use of this site is considered an agreement with our current privacy and usage policies.
Copyright © 2001-2009, Simpsons Collector Sector. All rights reserved. "The Simpsons" is a registered trademark of 20th Century Fox Film Corp. and "World of Springfield" is a registered trademark of Playmates Toys -- this website is in no way affiliated with either company or any other company whose products or services are represented here.