Time for another installment of 20 Questions, this time with member Immitation Grueler.
1. How long have you been watching "The Simpsons"?
I started watching at the beginning of season two. I remember I was six years old, and my parents thought it was great that a family cartoon was hitting the primetime slot. I've been hooked ever since.
2. Who is your favorite Simpsons character?
Lenny and Carl--they never cease to make me laugh hysterically. I love how they can rib on each other constantly but always remain best friends.
3. What Simpsons character are you most like and why?
I'd say I'm most similar to Groundskeeper Willie. I always seem to have to do the dirtiest of jobs and have people pull the worst of pranks on me. I do not happen to wear kilts, however.
4. Are your friends and family fans of the Simpsons?
Yes. I still watch it with my sister and parents every Sunday after all of these years. My sister watches it twice daily, as do I, on the syndicated networks. A good number of friends also watch the show. I was actually introduced to SCS by a friend who collects WoS figures with me.
5. What is your favorite quote from a Simpsons episode?
Any of the Pimply Faced Teen's lines. He has the best one-liners of anyone on the show, hands-down.
6. What types of Simpsons collectibles do you collect?
I collect anything that strikes my fancy. I'm a WoS completist, but also collect calendars, posters, mugs, key chains, and various figures of years past.
7. What item in your collection is your favorite?
My Christmas ornament collection which I have been adding to for the past few months. I love putting my own touch to the holidays in my household.
8. What is the most outrageous (or difficult) thing you have done to obtain a Simpsons collectible?
I went to 5 TRUs to obtain the Christmas set. I ended up going 120 miles to another state to get it, only to find that they sold out. I begged one of the employees to check in the back. Lo and behold, they found one that was dinged up set.
9. What's the most you ever spent on a Simpsons collectible?
95$ from eBay for GITDH. I finally broke down last month to make my collection complete.
10. What World of Springfield figure would you most like to see (that has not been announced)?
Raphael. He describes me best on days when I feel intellectually superior to others (which isn't often), but everyone has a bit of Raphael in them at times, and a figure with his one-liners would be great.
11. Are you a completist? An opener or a MIMP collector? Why?
I am a completist of WoS and open EVERYTHING! I am a completist because I just have the need to buy 'em all! That's the way I am with everything; I am only satisfied if I have a whole and complete collection. I open everything because I like to set up various displays to recreate the "world of Springfield."
12. What are your favorite television shows (excluding the Simpsons)?
Oz on HBO has been a favorite for years. My other favorites are Boston Public and The Family Guy. BP portrays a school much like my school, and I like how the teachers and administrators are shown as real people with real lives.
13. What celebrity do you want to see guest star on the Simpsons?
Chris Rock. I think he would make a great parody, and I would be interested in what they could do with a personality like his.
14. How and when did you find the SCS site?
In July I found SCS through a friend's referral. I didn't join the message board until mid-September because of pure ignorance. I always saw the link on the side of the page, but was not impressed with message boards I had seen in the past, so I ignored it. Here I am, 3 months later, visiting the board dozens of times daily! Who would've known?
15. In what ways do you think the hobby of collecting Simpsons has changed in the past few years?
I think that many casual buyers have been drawn to Simpsons merchandise because of the endless varieties of merchandise released. Many of the 'hard-core' fans have been fulfilled with new introductions such as WoS and the Burger King promotions.
16. What was the first Simpsons item you ever bought?
I cannot remember the first item I personally bought, but I remember wearing a T-Shirt with Bart on it saying "Don't have a cow, man." back when I was 6 or 7.
17. What is the one Simpsons item you want the most but do not have?
The Simpsons Arcade game. I absolutely love that game, but do not have the $1000 to buy it.
18. What else do you collect?
DVDs. For now, I only have enough money for WoS and DVDs, seeing as I have to pay for many current and future things (I am attempting to pay for college). I used to collect all kinds of sports memorabilia, but have drifted away from it.
19. Who influenced you the most from the show (be it character, writer, actor, etc.)?
Bart. He's shown me that you can raise some hell and still come out okay.
20. Anything you would like to add?
Hmm..I guess just a thanks to all the members, past and present, which have taken part in this great community. I really have lost my life! And its been great!
- Install the Akbar Font
Your continued use of this site is considered an agreement with our current privacy and usage policies.
Copyright © 2001-2009, Simpsons Collector Sector. All rights reserved. "The Simpsons" is a registered trademark of 20th Century Fox Film Corp. and "World of Springfield" is a registered trademark of Playmates Toys -- this website is in no way affiliated with either company or any other company whose products or services are represented here.