Time for another installment of 20 Questions, this time with member MyWaterDishIsEmpty.
1. How long have you been watching "The Simpsons"?
From the first airing in Australia, where we lived at the time. I was eight-years-old and my dad almost didn't let me watch the show based on an advertisement he saw for "There's No Disgrace Like Home," where Homer demands that Bart and Lisa show him "some love and/or respect" and Bart chooses "respect." My dad didn't want his son showing him any similar disrespect, but being the liberal minded parent that he is, he gave his consent. Almost fourteen years later, I can't imagine life without The Simpsons.
2. Who is your favorite Simpsons character?
Homer, hands down. It's amazing how much he's evolved since the first season and while I believe the early episodes revolved primarily around Bart, Homer quickly became the central figure of the series.
3. What Simpsons character are you most like and why?
I'd say Lisa, the one who doesn't quite fit in ("the flower that grew out of a pot of dirt"). I'm the only one in my family who ever wanted to be a vegetarian, for instance.
4. Are your friends and family fans of the Simpsons?
My brother and dad are and my girlfriend likes it. My grandmother tolerated them as my brother and I grew up...she did find aspects of the show funny. Most of my friends are but not to the extent they should be...wankers!
5. What is your favorite quote from a Simpsons episode?
Oh, so many...but if I'm to pick just one let's say Jasper's "Well, well, well...if it isn't the tooth fairy."
6. What types of Simpsons collectibles do you collect?
When I was nine I collected the Mattel figures...unfortunately all that remain of that collection now are Homer, Bartman and Lisa. I have the board games, all the episodes on tape, first season on DVD, dolls from the early 90s, first issue of Simpsons Illustrated, just about every book written on them and of course many of the beloved WOS playsets and figures.
7. What item in your collection is your favorite?
My WOS Lisa figure. Though Homer is my favorite character, entertainment wise, I love how Lisa is always the moral center.
8. What is the most outrageous (or difficult) thing you have done to obtain a Simpsons collectible?
Nothing too outlandish yet.
9. What's the most you ever spent on a Simpsons collectible?
I have a sale pending now for over $100...if this deal goes through it'll be the most so far.
10. What World of Springfield figure would you most like to see (that has not been announced)?
Burch Barlow...I'm a poli sci major so anything to do with the political climate of Springfield (sadly) interests me
11. Are you a completist? An opener or a MIMP collector? Why?
I'm not a completist, I only get the figures and playsets that I like or that have meaning to me. I try not to buy variants and I'm a loose collector.
12. What are your favorite television shows (excluding the Simpsons)?
M*A*S*H (reruns of course), Seinfeld, Futurama, The Family Guy, South Park, Late Night With Conan O'Brien and Saturday Night Live.
13. What celebrity do you want to see guest star on the Simpsons?
Robin Williams...they've parodied him before but he himself as never been on the show.
14. How and when did you find the SCS site?
I want to say last summer...I visited the site long before I registered, been a long time fan.
15. In what ways do you think the hobby of collecting Simpsons has changed in the past few years?
The WOS is the first line of Simpson action figures I can remember since the Mattel release...pretty significant and for myself, long anticipated.
16. What was the first Simpsons item you ever bought?
I believe it was Mattel Homer.
17. What is the one Simpsons item you want the most but do not have?
For WOS, Grampa Simpson. In general, the Save Blinky Mattel Bart would have been special to have.
18. What else do you collect?
DVDs and books are the only other collections my money's earmarked for.
19. Who influenced you the most from the show (be it character, writer, actor, etc.)?
Lisa, who shows us that remaining the moral center is possible even amidst chaos.
20. Anything you would like to add?
This is a great site that brings together a very warm and friendly community of Simpsons Collectors, and I'm glad it exists. Thanks.
- Install the Akbar Font
Your continued use of this site is considered an agreement with our current privacy and usage policies.
Copyright © 2001-2009, Simpsons Collector Sector. All rights reserved. "The Simpsons" is a registered trademark of 20th Century Fox Film Corp. and "World of Springfield" is a registered trademark of Playmates Toys -- this website is in no way affiliated with either company or any other company whose products or services are represented here.