Time for another installment of 20 Questions, this time with member Puny Human 354.
1. How long have you been watching "The Simpsons"?
About 5 years. It was popular right from when it started on BBC2 back in my old primary school, but I am never one to get into crazes. Then I saw it over at a mate's house and was hooked.
2. Who is your favorite Simpsons character?
Comic Book Guy, as my previous username (CBGfan) suggests.
3. What Simpsons character are you most like and why?
I'm not really sure. There is a bit of CBG in me, as well as Apu. And if I was being really truthful I guess I could say Principal Skinner as well.
4. Are your friends and family fans of the Simpsons?
My sister likes it and tolerates it (she has to really) although my parents don't really like it. Our cats, however, do. They like climbing up to the TV screen because they like the colours (rather like Snowball II in 'Two Dozen and One Greyhounds').
5. What is your favorite quote from a Simpsons episode?
I like CBG's "Worst Episode Ever!", but my fave has got to be from [DABF01] 'Brawl in the Family' - "The problem with our family is that there are five of us - Marge, Bart, Girl Bart, the other one and the fat guy. Ooh how I loathe him!"
6. What types of Simpsons collectibles do you collect?
Before WoS I used to collect the Simpsons videos released here in the UK as well as other odd pieces I could find. I am renowned at the drama groups I go to for always wearing an OFF T-shirt.
7. What item in your collection is your favorite?
I like GitD Homer as it is the only one I have kept in its packaging. But my favourite is probably either the Simpson's Car, ToH II or the skateboarding Bart.
8. What is the most outrageous (or difficult) thing you have done to obtain a Simpsons collectible?
I have never really done anything that outrageous to get a Simpsons collectible. Of course, whenever I see a shop that might have even the slightest possibility of selling OFF then I go in.
9. What's the most you ever spent on a Simpsons collectible?
£110 for ToH II and Family Christmas (together) but that was mainly due to the shipping at the extra VAT (value added tax) that I was charged with.
10. What World of Springfield figure would you most like to see (that has not been announced)?
I'm not really sure. I'd love to see a Maggie box set with several different Maggies as one of those old, old threads talks about.
11. Are you a completist? An opener or a MIMP collector? Why?
I've opened everything apart from GitD Homer. That I kept in its box because I think it looks better in there. Also, if I add another Homer to my display it would look really odd. I try to be a completist, but I have had a hard time trying to get them all. I am still missing ToH I, Smithers, CCBG, Boxing Homer, PPM and PPBurns.
12. What are your favorite television shows (excluding the Simpsons)?
I am a massive fan of Futurama (as much as the Simpsons) and am an Administrator over at the Futurama Foundation. Apart from that I like Cheers, Frasier, Only Fools & Horses (UK), Friends, Will & Grace and One Foot in the Grave (UK). Apart from sitcoms I also like Have I Got New For You (UK).
13. What celebrity do you want to see guest star on the Simpsons?
I want to see some UK stars get on to it, but I doubt it. I like David Hyde Pierce to guest star again as Cecil with perhaps John Mahoney playing the Terwiligger's brother's dad.
14. How and when did you find the SCS site?
I have always loved going on Simpsons (and Futurama when it came out) sites and so I found Collecting Simpsons! in about 1997/8. I visited his site regularly and then started to post on the board (at first under the username Jason and then CBGfan), then when Bill shut the old board, I made the move to this one.
15. In what ways do you think the hobby of collecting Simpsons has changed in the past few years?
There has always been a lot of Simpsons merchandise, but in the last couple of years it has made a marked improvement (as the actual series' standard has gone down). At first FOX was just churning out merchandise just to make a quick buck, but now they seem to have improved the standard. This has increased the amount of collectors, but has also meant that secondary prices go up (something I grossly dislike).
16. What was the first Simpsons item you ever bought?
I'm not sure anymore. I think the first thing I bought were some Simpsons magnets from a boot fair. The first WoS item I bought were the Living Room and Homer.
17. What is the one Simpsons item you want the most but do not have?
Treehouse of Horror I, it looks one of the best pieces and I tried like hell to get it the moment Bill announced on his site that it had been released. When we went on holiday to the States last year we even tried to find a Toys 'R' Us in order to find one, but to no avail.
18. What else do you collect?
Futurama. I only have a few however. I used to collect comics (a few years ago now). Stuff such as Beano and Dandy and I built up a collection of about 150 annuals.
19. Who influenced you the most from the show (be it character, writer, actor, etc.)?
Probably Homer, because when he is so very confident. I suppose in a way he has made me become a more confident person.
20. Anything you would like to add?
Visit the Futurama Foundation (please).
- Install the Akbar Font
Your continued use of this site is considered an agreement with our current privacy and usage policies.
Copyright © 2001-2009, Simpsons Collector Sector. All rights reserved. "The Simpsons" is a registered trademark of 20th Century Fox Film Corp. and "World of Springfield" is a registered trademark of Playmates Toys -- this website is in no way affiliated with either company or any other company whose products or services are represented here.