Time for another installment of 20 Questions, this time with member Gooker1.
1. How long have you been watching "The Simpsons"?
I've been watching the Simpsons since they were on the Tracy Ullman show. My older sister was a fan of her show, so I would catch it here and there. When I saw them on the her show, I was hooked.
2. Who is your favorite Simpsons character?
3. What Simpsons character are you most like and why?
There isn't a single character that I'm most alike. I can draw a little bit from each family member from Lisa's subtle witty remarks to Bart's out loud comments. My friends say I look like Milhouse when I laugh, but that makes no sense at all because I'm Asian.
4. Are your friends and family fans of the Simpsons?
Yes. My sisters are both fans, and so are my friends. My girlfriend doesn't like the show, but she's nice enough to watch a few episodes every once in a while.
5. What is your favorite quote from a Simpsons episode?
"See you in the car." Technically it's a note in Lisa's yearbook, but I wrote that in everyone's yearbook my senior year in high school. Only a select few know what the hell it's about. What a classic! But, IF I had to choose an actual line..."If not back, avenge our deaths!"
6. What types of Simpsons collectibles do you collect?
I collect the WOS line and the Mattel figures.
7. What item in your collection is your favorite?
Hmm...my favorite item (until Disco Stu is released) will have to be my THOH.
8. What is the most outrageous (or difficult) thing you have done to obtain a Simpsons collectible?
The most outrageous thing I did was I traded my GITDH for a set of series 6 figures plus $60 in cash last Christmas.
9. What's the most you ever spent on a Simpsons collectible?
The most I spent was the retail for the X-Mas set and the THOH2. Was it $40? I can't remember.
10. What World of Springfield figure would you most like to see (that has not been announced)?
I can't wait for Drederick Tatum and Duffman.
11. Are you a completist? An opener or a MIMP collector? Why?
I'm a completist. For the figures, I have a set of openers and MOMC. I just have openers for the playsets. I like the preservation of the figures, but I have to display them as well! So, I did both.
12. What are your favorite television shows (excluding the Simpsons)?
Friends and Sportscenter
13. What celebrity do you want to see guest star on the Simpsons?
I'd like to see Denzel Washington or Tom Hanks on there. Their characters are so serious that I think it would be interesting to see how the writers would work them in.
14. How and when did you find the SCS site?
I found SCS through a link from some Simpson's website two months ago. I'm just upset I didn't come across it earlier!
15. In what ways do you think the hobby of collecting Simpsons has changed in the past few years?
For me, it hasn't really changed since I've been there from the beginning. After looking at the board, I see that there are quite a few people who started late. I think some of the exclusives are sought after for many that just collecting purposes. I'm sometimes disappointed by the amount of complaints about variants. Most of the main characters have been produced already, and I doubt Playmates is dumb enough to release waves of figures without exclusives because at some point, they'll have to dip into the bag and release variants. I like the mix of variants and newer figures. Since I'm a completist and a fan of the show, I haven't and won't complain about variants. It's difficult to avoid variants because 99% of the shows revolve around the central characters...thus variants are bound to occur for these figures.
16. What was the first Simpsons item you ever bought?
I bought a Bart Simpson t-shirt when the show first started.
17. What is the one Simpsons item you want the most but do not have?
I am still missing a Mattel Homer.
18. What else do you collect?
I collect some lines of McFarlane figures, M.A.S.K., and the Final Fantasy game Bandai figures.
19. Who influenced you the most from the show (be it character, writer, actor, etc.)?
Groening probably is the biggest influence. Without his creative ideas and getting this show on, who knows what I would have watched for the past 13 years. I look forward to all episodes, and it's just a great way to relax with OFF.
20. Anything you would like to add?
Great set of 20 questions! I can't wait until the board is back up and running 100%.
- Install the Akbar Font
Your continued use of this site is considered an agreement with our current privacy and usage policies.
Copyright © 2001-2009, Simpsons Collector Sector. All rights reserved. "The Simpsons" is a registered trademark of 20th Century Fox Film Corp. and "World of Springfield" is a registered trademark of Playmates Toys -- this website is in no way affiliated with either company or any other company whose products or services are represented here.