Time for another installment of 20 Questions, this time with member littleyellowpeople.
1. How long have you been watching "The Simpsons"?
I've been watching the Simpsons since Season One. When it first started, I lived in a little town in Georgia and we didn't even have FOX as a channel. Finally, about mid-way through Season One I believe the town of Dublin, GA finally got FOX! I was extremely happy. I cut out the newspaper article that showed a picture of Bart and the headlines "FOX Comes to Dublin" and still have it 'till this day.
2. Who is your favorite Simpsons character?
Most definitely Homer. Ask any of my friends and they could quickly tell you who it was. He's simply hilarious.
3. What Simpsons character are you most like and why?
This one's tough. I would probably say Homer though again. The small things in life make him happy. His idea of a perfect day is sitting at home watching football and eating junk food. I think we should all try to find the Homer within us all sometimes ;)
4. Are your friends and family fans of the Simpsons?
Yes, well, most of them. I have definitely gotten my girlfriend into them more. My family has always watched them, although not as adamantly as me of course. My mom's favorite character is Marge.
5. What is your favorite quote from a Simpsons episode?
"Lisa: No I can't! I can't eat any of them! Homer: Wait a minute wait a minute wait a minute. Lisa honey, are you saying you're *never* going to eat any animal again? What about bacon? Lisa: No. Homer: Ham? Lisa: No. Homer: Pork chops? Lisa: Dad! Those all come from the same animal! Homer: [Chuckles] Yeah, right Lisa. A wonderful, magical animal."
6. What types of Simpsons collectibles do you collect?
Basically anything that I find unusual or just-got-to-have. I collect WOS mainly, but I have lots of other odds and ends Simpsons items. I love Blockos!
7. What item in your collection is your favorite?
I would have to say my 6-foot Homer Stand-up that was a promotional item for the Simpsons House Give-away a couple years back. I keep it in my bedroom and he can always make me smile. It's hard to take life seriously when you have a life-size yellow Homer staring at you all the time.
8. What is the most outrageous (or difficult) thing you have done to obtain a Simpsons collectible?
Paying $150 for a 6-foot Homer Stand-up.
9. What's the most you ever spent on a Simpsons collectible?
See question 8
10. What World of Springfield figure would you most like to see (that has not been announced)?
I would absolutely love a Smashing Pumpkins Celebrity Set. I know it probably won't happen, but I would love it. Actually, I would love all the Homerpalooza bands. I think that would be a really great WOS line.
11. Are you a completist? An opener or a MIMP collector? Why?
Opener. Let's face it, playing with toys is just more fun.
12. What are your favorite television shows (excluding the Simpsons)?
Road Rules, Real World, Friends, Futurama, TV Funhouse, and The Critic...too many more
13. What celebrity do you want to see guest star on the Simpsons?
[This response was left blank]
14. How and when did you find the SCS site?
I found the site last summer while searching for "Simpsons figures" on Yahoo!.
15. In what ways do you think the hobby of collecting Simpsons has changed in the past few years?
In the past few years, I think there has been aresurgence of Simpsons collecting. There was a ton of stuff during the early nineties and then there seemed to be a slump in the mid-nineties (or maybe I just wasn't noticing it)? Within the past few years and upcoming years there are just an abundant number of items, especially in the UK and overseas.
16. What was the first Simpsons item you ever bought?
This is very hard to remember. It was probably a "Don't Have a Cow" T-shirt. I also had a few "bootleg" shirts such as Air Bart.
17. What is the one Simpsons item you want the most but do not have?
The C.C. Lemon Lunchbox, probably. I would also love some cells but they're just too expensive for me as a college student.
18. What else do you collect?
Anything that strikes my fancy. I collect Kubrick type figures, Nightmare Before Christmas, Futurama. Oh yea, and Wacky Wobblers.
19. Who influenced you the most from the show (be it character, writer, actor, etc.)?
The Simpsons family in general. They go through some hard times on the show, but they always make it through in the end. It's inspiring. They keep the family together, no matter what, which is something a lot of families today don't do. It's much easier to just give up and stop trying. Anyways, sorry for the deep thoughts, but I really think that's one of most influential parts of the show.
20. Anything you would like to add?
Paint my fence! and oh yea, keep up the good work guys :)
- Install the Akbar Font
Your continued use of this site is considered an agreement with our current privacy and usage policies.
Copyright © 2001-2009, Simpsons Collector Sector. All rights reserved. "The Simpsons" is a registered trademark of 20th Century Fox Film Corp. and "World of Springfield" is a registered trademark of Playmates Toys -- this website is in no way affiliated with either company or any other company whose products or services are represented here.