Time for another installment of 20 Questions, this time with member rjcoulston.
1. How long have you been watching "The Simpsons"?
“The Tracey Ullman” show was my dad's absolute favorite show of the week, so I guess since it aired originally on Fox.
2. Who is your favorite Simpsons character?
Homer, without any doubts.
3. What Simpsons character are you most like and why?
I'm most like Lisa because I feel I'm smarter than everybody else is, and I tend not to be the most popular as a result. I'm a know-it-all, and during college I was extremely active with vegetarianism, animal rights activism, and environmental issues. Plus, I share her views on religion.
4. Are your friends and family fans of the Simpsons?
Sort of, but not to the degree that I am. They all appreciate it and will watch it if it's on, but they don't anticipate Sundays @ 8:00pm like I do.
5. What is your favorite quote from a Simpsons episode?
Everything's coming up Milhouse.
6. What types of Simpsons collectibles do you collect?
Just WOS action figures and playsets. I don't go in for the fast food premiums, PVC collectibles, or any of the board game stuff.
7. What item in your collection is your favorite?
It's hard to beat the original Homer Simpson as the best character, even though a few others like Kent Brockman have come out so well.
8. What is the most outrageous (or difficult) thing you have done to obtain a Simpsons collectible?
Paid too much money for it. I just didn't want to scour Toys R Us every day looking for a Treehouse of Horror 2, so I just paid the unreasonable scalper price for it. I was pretty fed up with Playmates and Toys R Us at that point, so I didn't want to think about it any more.
9. What's the most you ever spent on a Simpsons collectible?
See above. $95.
10. What World of Springfield figure would you most like to see (that has not been announced)?
I'd like to see the hippie voiced by George Carlin. I loved the episode when Homer went back to his mom's commune and made juice from their "special crops"!
11. Are you a completist? An opener or a MIMP collector? Why?
I'm not a completist, because you'll drive yourself crazy. After the THOH2 incident, I promised not to pay aftermarket prices anymore. If I can't get something at launch or buy the Toyfare exclusives when they're first made available, I'll skip it. I don't have a Pin Pal Moe, and I don't plan on getting one. I have both MOC and opened figures. I guess it depends on the series or how much I like a character, but I'm not so anal that I have one each of every figure both opened and carded.
12. What are your favorite television shows (excluding the Simpsons)?
Undeclared, Six Feet Under, The Osbournes, Futurama, Survivor, That 70's Show, Curb Your Enthusiasm.
13. What celebrity do you want to see guest star on the Simpsons?
Chasing Amy's Jason Lee
14. How and when did you find the SCS site?
I don't remember how I stumbled across the SCS site. I was probably just searching for Simpsons links, as I do sometimes, and came across it from a google.com search. It's almost 1000 posts later now!
15. In what ways do you think the hobby of collecting Simpsons has changed in the past few years?
There has been a huge influx of new people getting into the hobby. That, and the whole shift to store and company exclusives. The latter one I can do without.
16. What was the first Simpsons item you ever bought?
The Burger King dolls from back in the early 1990's.
17. What is the one Simpsons item you want the most but do not have?
A framed animation cel signed by Matt Groening.
18. What else do you collect?
Kubricks, Bearbricks, Michael Lau, Eric So, Jason Siu, ThreeZero, vintage Kenner Star Wars, Bathing Ape.
19. Who influenced you the most from the show (be it character, writer, actor, etc.)?
I don't think I've ever actually taken any influence from the show. It is a cartoon after all.
20. Anything you would like to add?
Umm . . . no.
- Install the Akbar Font
Your continued use of this site is considered an agreement with our current privacy and usage policies.
Copyright © 2001-2009, Simpsons Collector Sector. All rights reserved. "The Simpsons" is a registered trademark of 20th Century Fox Film Corp. and "World of Springfield" is a registered trademark of Playmates Toys -- this website is in no way affiliated with either company or any other company whose products or services are represented here.