Time for another installment of 20 Questions, this time with member theymightberyan.
1. How long have you been watching "The Simpsons"?
I hated the show before I ever watched it. I just didn't like all the hype around Bart, who was not really funny. Then I saw the episode, I think season 4, where the kids go on a field trip ("Thank God for permissions slips!). That got me hooked.
2. Who is your favorite Simpsons character?
Well, the obvious is Homer. But I would have to say that my other favorite is Burns. Of the episodes that focus on characters other than Homer, the ones that are Burns-centric are the funniest.
3. What Simpsons character are you most like and why?
I would most identify with Scratchy, always getting my head cut off and my entrails stomped on and such.
4. Are your friends and family fans of the Simpsons?
All of my friends are. My best friend is the one who finally got me to watch the show. My wife likes it, but doesn't get my obsession with it. It's just a show, right?
5. What is your favorite quote from a Simpsons episode?
What are you going to do, sick the dogs on me? Or the bees? Or the dogs with bees in their mouth and when they bark they shoot bees at you?
6. What types of Simpsons collectibles do you collect?
7. What item in your collection is your favorite?
Otto. I think he is the best sculpted character, and comes with the best accessories.
8. What is the most outrageous (or difficult) thing you have done to obtain a Simpsons collectible?
Well, I have to say that I collect the entire line of WoS behind my wife's back. She forbids me from spending any more money on it, mainly because we didn't have the money to spend (silly woman!). So, I took my collecting underground. I sell things, trade for things, but somehow keep going. I am not proud.
9. What's the most you ever spent on a Simpsons collectible?
I spent $35 to get the living room playset. I haven't gotten Smithers yet, so that number is subject to change.
10. What World of Springfield figure would you most like to see (that has not been announced)?
The mafia boss. The guy that is in the episode where Homer goes to clown college. He would be a great character. OR Drederick Tatum. I even started a poll about that, I can't believe I forgot. Either of those would be really awesome.
11. Are you a completist? An opener or a MIMP collector? Why?
I open them. I don't care about toys that are in the boxes. The fun of this collection is hearing them all talk, and setting them up so that they can sort of interact with one another (so to speak).
12. What are your favorite television shows (excluding the Simpsons)?
Futurama, Family Guy, Survivor, Amazing Race, Friends, and America's Funniest Home Videos.
13. What celebrity do you want to see guest star on the Simpsons?
Bender (Is he a celebrity?). How about Tony Robbins? That would be funny. Maybe it has already happened though. They have almost all of the people that I like, so it is hard to say.
14. How and when did you find the SCS site?
I found it shortly after beginning collecting, which was July or so of 2001. My best friend, who also is the one who got me watching the show (who also is the one who got me collecting these toys, incidentally).
15. In what ways do you think the hobby of collecting Simpsons has changed in the past few years?
Well, the product has gotten better. I remember seeing Simpson's toys before WoS and they were just not quality. WoS, while it has some problems, is a great toy line.
16. What was the first Simpsons item you ever bought?
Groundskeeper Willie. The first Simpsons toy I got was a stuffed Krusty doll that you could win out of one of those crane games that they have in restaurants, but I had a friend who stocked them. He knew I was a fan, so he gave me the Krusty doll. My buddy got me my first WoS item, which was the Power Plant, and a series 1 Bart for being the best man in his wedding. It wasn't until wave 3 and 4 that either of us realized that we should really be collecting these toys.
17. What is the one Simpsons item you want the most but do not have?
18. What else do you collect?
I have collected lots of things, but don't much now. I guess I collect computers, but not really since my company owns them, and they just sit at my desk. I used to collect Zippo lighters, GI Joes, shot glasses, coke bottles. Blah.
19. Who influenced you the most from the show (be it character, writer, actor, etc.)?
Homer comically influences me most. I would not want to be influenced in any other way by this show.
20. Anything you would like to add?
I am sorry [Mark] gave up [his] custom title. Maybe now [he] can reinstate it?
- Install the Akbar Font
Your continued use of this site is considered an agreement with our current privacy and usage policies.
Copyright © 2001-2009, Simpsons Collector Sector. All rights reserved. "The Simpsons" is a registered trademark of 20th Century Fox Film Corp. and "World of Springfield" is a registered trademark of Playmates Toys -- this website is in no way affiliated with either company or any other company whose products or services are represented here.